YMCA of Cape Cod, Barnstable, MA
About this project:
The YMCA’s West Barnstable facility on Route 132 includes the main administration building and parking areas, as well as the surrounding woods and outdoor recreational facilities. Housed in the main building are administrative offices, two indoor pools, a fitness center, nautilus and cardio rooms, and a multi-purpose activity room. Due to increasing membership, the administration and indoor facilities building needed to be expanded and updated. This expansion effort includes the construction of a new two-story addition on the existing building, construction of a new sewage disposal system, implementation of new stormwater drainage improvements, redesign, expansion, and reconfiguration of the existing parking lots, along with regrading and new utility layouts. The result will be a modernized facility for expanded programs to better serve local families and the neighboring communities.
Coastal Engineering's services included:
- Site development and planning
- Civil engineering design and plan preparation
- Topographic and boundary surveys
- Wastewater flow evaluation
- Soil and percolation testing and soil evaluation reporting
- Sewage disposal system design
- Regulatory permitting assistance.
Printable version of profile